If your brand sells products that must be sold in cardboard boxes, the first obvious step is to find the right supplier or manufacturer. Packaging is an important step of production and can involve considerable amount of money. Besides offering protection against physical damage, packaging works like an added marketing tool. In this post, we will discuss the steps and aspects that matter in selecting and working with a manufacturer of cardboard boxes.
- Reputation counts. When you look for a packaging supplier, the first obvious thing that matters is reputation. Ask questions like – how long the company has been in business? What kind of packaging materials do they provide? Can they offer client references? Where are the production units and warehouses? Which cities do they operate in?
- Check if they can help with design. Many companies do specialize in designing cardboard boxes. They can offer all kinds of assistance required for structural conceptualization, and you can get the design done by them just by offering your inputs.
- Find what they can customize. Today, packaging is all about using the available material rightly to create brand presence besides the obvious need for product protection. Find a company that can actually design and produce all kinds of boxes. They should be able to deal with unique shapes, bigger and smaller boxes alike.
- Get a quote. Don’t work with a company that refuses to give a free estimate. Most manufacturers can give a rough idea of the cost based on dimensions, product needs and requirements, which can help in comparing choices. The estimate also helps in understanding the cost of one cardboard box, which adds up the product price.
- Finally, check for storage. Many suppliers and dealers do offer storage. A good example is net/services/warehouse-ready-to-go/. Basically, you pay a fee to the manufacturer to hold back your stock in the warehouse, so that you don’t have to rent a space for the same. This comes in handy because storage is becoming expensive by the day, and there are additional costs involved.
Finally, don’t forget to discuss your requirements. Cardboard boxes can be customized in varied ways, and there’s a lot you can do with little innovation. If you want to save some money, go for a bulk order and use the storage option. Bulk orders are ideal when you are sure that the packaging for your product wouldn’t be changed in near future!